With the new ATI Catalyst Control Center 9.9, I noticed that some options are very hard to find. I actually spent about an hour figuring out how to change the scaling options for my monitor since the button was really well hidden.
In this quick guide I will show you how to set the over and under scan options for HDMI so that you can watch your HDMI in full screen.
Full Screen with HDMI cable
This blog came about because I was having trouble getting that 100% full screen with my HDMI cable connected to my 1080p monitor. When I connected my HDMI cable the screen was being centered on the monitor and not taking full advantage of the screen
The Fix: It is actually quite easy to fix this problem and get your full screen with the HDMI cable. All you need to do is adjust the over and underscan options within your ATI Catalyst center (also known as the Scaling Options).
ATI Catalyst Control Center 9.9 Overcan and Underscan Options – Image Tutorial
Surprisingly, the over and under scan (scaling options) are quite buried in the new ATI Catalyst Control Center. But if you know where to look the scaling options are really easy to get to…
To get to the ati scaling options do the following:
- Right click on the Desktop and open Catalyst Control Center 9.9
- Switch to Advanced mode if you are not there already
- Click dropdown menu Graphics in the top right
- Select Desktops and Displays
- Right Click your currently activated display under ‘Please Select a Display’ on the bottom right
- Select Configure
- Click on the Scaling Options tab and your there
- Now, just move the scale to the right (overscan) until you get full screen (in my case that was 0%)
This process should work in windows vista as well as windows 7. I am currently using my HDMI cable on windows 7 RC with 0% underscan and with an HD4890 FX graphics card…and it looks beautiful!
I hope this post helped!